MD Pool Builder Recommendations (Baltimore Area prefer)

I'd look at Elite Pools of MD (they built mine in the last 12 months and we're very happy with it). Pleasure Pools also has a great reputation and was very competitive in bidding for our new build. I'm in Harford County and both operate in this region.

In addition to Elite (which we used, and remain happy with 3 years later) and Pleasure Pools, both for gunite, we have a neighbor who used Regina Pools for a fiberglass job and they seem very happy with it, as well. We also got a quote from Anthony-Sylvan and it was lower in cost, but at the time their BBB rating was a B in MD, the others were an A or A+. Also, I just didn't like the sales process with A-S. Elite and Pleasure approached us like a custom home builder would. A-S was more like a mobile home salesman. That said, A-S does have many references locally who seem very pleased.

The good news is that you have a number of reputable builders to choose from in the Baltimore area. Just do your homework, follow all the typical rules when as you would hiring any home contractor, and research on TFP.

Jim, I have not decided between gunite and vinyl yet.

Bob, I have Elite coming in tomorrow, I already spoke with two gunite builders (A/S and MD pools) and one two vinyl builders, for gunite neither impressed me plus they have bad reviews and for vinyl one was Regina (really liked Fran, but pricey for a vinyl) and the other (Admiral enterprises) have not got back with the quote yet. I also, called two other builders (Johnson pools ans Backyard creations) but still waiting for a call back.
As for Pleasure pools, I think they're out of business (unless they changed the name) as their site is down and the phone numbers are no longer in service...
I would love to get some more feedback on the reputable builders I should call, it's been very frustrating as I feel like I'm shooting in the dark, they all have a great sales pitch but so many horror stories out there...
Please message me or email me with some feedback if you'd rather do it in private. My email is [email protected]

Thank you all!

Alex

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hey my Maryland neighbors! Any more feedback you can give me? Still looking to interview few more builders and really rather to not waste time on deadbeat builders...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We talked to Backyard Creations in October '12 and received some feedback but never a quote. Then called one more time and nothing. I just checked their website today out of curiosity and it is offline. An answering machine still picks up the phone though. Cannot recommend based on my experience...though they may be out of business anyway.

Liked Elite and Johnson in the interview process, but went with Vista Pro out of Annapolis. Just getting started. Elite are younger guys that seem very excited to build pools. Johnson is run by mature business people who build pools. I think that could have some advantages on the customer service side of things.

Hello all-

We are in central Maryland (Carroll County) and are going through the builder interview process. We've spoken with Maryland Pools and were impressed. I'd be interested in any recommendations others could offer for builders in this area and any specific experiences (good or otherwise) you've had. I'd prefer to use a local builder, but would consider a national builder if someone had a strong case/great experience.

Thanks-

We ended up using Elite and are very happy with our pool, but the landscaper that works with Elite not so much. I would certainly recommend Elite, but get your own landscaper for any deck, wall, landscaping needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.