Quality Chemicals

Aug 16, 2007
Chicago
I was wondering if one brand of chemicals are better than another. I've never gone anywhere but Leslies for pool supplies so I've never tried anything else, i.e. ordering over the Internet or going to The Great Escape, for example. Are there any brands that are low-quality that I should stay away from? How would I know? I've seen places cheaper than Leslies but I'm hesitant to try them. Any advice/suggestions? Thanks!

The ingredients list is more important than the brand. If you find a chemical that has the correct ingredients then it doesn't really mater who is selling it. The thing to watch out for is companies that add things which shouldn't be there, like HTH putting copper in their "Dual Action" trichlor tablets.

For most pool chemicals there is only one, or sometimes two, major supplier(s) of the raw chemical. The various distributors simply put it in a box or bottle and ship it out to the stores.

Hi!

The very best thing to do is to hang out here and really learn and understand the chemistry. It's really not hard, though at first it seems daunting. Always know what it is you are putting in your pool.

The great thing about the BBB method is you absolutely know what you are putting in your pool and it is simple ingredients.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.