I've got a new SWCG pool that's coming up on requiring it's first shock for Combined Chlorine (No Algae)
I have read in other posts that the superchlorinate function of the SWCGs can reduce the effective lifespan of the cell and that it may just be best to hit the pool with regular bleach to shock it.
A few questions:
Is the above statement true and is bleach the best way to go?
How long do I need to hold the FC above 15 (CYA is 40 so FC 15 is my shock level)? Just until the CC test reads zero?
Do I run the SWCG at a normal level throughout the shock process or turn it off?
Is it necessary to bring the FC level down quickly after the shock or just let it burn off.
Todays numbers, if they are important.
Sorry for the noob questions. Searching "Shock" brings up too many hits!