Aqua Leader Pools

Sep 5, 2007
Southern Indiana
Hi, After years of thinking about a pool I'm finally ready to buy one, due to my yard being very rocky( limestone) I've decided to put a above ground pool in, I have drove all over and looked at hundreds of pools at several dealers and have pretty much decided that aqua leader seems to be the highest quality one I can find, artisien seem really good too as long as you buy there top tier models, the best deal I can find locally is a 30' Aqua leader Illusion with 1.5hp hayward pump and 200lb sand filter and package for $3187.00, does this seem like a good deal and does anyone here have a aqua leader pool? thanks :-D

Hello Lambdin,

I have no knowledge about the pool. However, IMHO, the punp that is being considered is oversized for your pool and quite possibily your filter. I suggest that you go with a 3/4 or 1 hp 2 speed pump and a 300 pound sand filter. Filtering the pool on low speed will typically give better results and save a lot in energy costs. Use high speed to vacuum. :)

The pool is fine. Unless you are stuck on buying from someplace that will also do the installation, don't limit yourself to local pool stores. Online selections are better, often less expensive and they deliver right to your front door. If you have an installer in mind or plan to install yourself, this is a cheaper way to go and you can get the same pool you already looked at, although there are many other very fine pools available online.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.