Sticky Multiport

no-mas

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 16, 2008
FL
Hi All

After a recent backwash, my multiport handle is somewhat sticky. I push the handle and rotate it to the function I want, but it will not raise back up to the proper position... causing water to run out of the waste line. I have a ball valve on my waste so I can continue to circulate, but does anyone know what I can use to lubricate the spring mechanism on the multiport?

I'd suspect it's more than just the handle. There is an O-ring that seals the top, and that may be the source of the problem. If you pull the top off the MP, you can lube the center shaft.

My MP selector failed because the SPRING rotted away.... I believe you have to pull the MP apart to visually inspect the spring on the top half. There is a spring that forces the sections to close-off, BW, Cir, etc without that spring the handle will be limp and while you can spin the handle set the preferred setting with the handle, inside the spyder gasket isn't able to seal without the pressure from the spring. For me this meant the spider gasket slid-out of place and took on a new unusable shape. I had to get a rebuild kit less than $20 that includes the spring and some washers and then a new spider gasket. I was back in-shape in no time... Good Luck!!!

http://www.poolcenter.com/_derived/part ... _valve.gif
Kit includes parts 3,7,8, 9 - #2 the pin is how you take it apart if needed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.