hayfarmer

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2009
eastern washington state
I think i really messed up, I went to lower my ph and instead of using baking soda I used baking soda detergent,(laudry soap)
i bought it at walmart and it looked just like the Armor Hammer box of soda...
so now what do i do... they are coming tommrow to close th pool...

You might want to postpone your closing....

hayfarmer said:
..... I went to lower my ph and instead of using baking soda I used baking soda detergent,(laudry soap)

We use baking soda to raise the TA (and it will also raise the pH slightly).

I also agree with Ted & Dave that you need an enzyme fighter/remover (like Pool Perfect) and bleach to help.

the box was 7.8lbs, it did bring up the ph where i wanted it... but have a few bubbles to.. but not to bad
I do have to FC up at shock levle because i am closing it tommrow... they are going to blow out the lines and put the loop and loc on for me...
I think iam going to leave it alone and hope for the best next spring... thanks everyone for there advice...
this may be a lesson learned...

sorry guess after reading my first post again, I really meant to say i went to raise my PH not lower it... so sorry for the confusion..
what happened is that my ph was high 8.4 and i went to lower it and put to much MA and it went down to 6.2. so I wanted to raise the ph back up to around 7.4 and i bought some Armor hammer soda( I thought) it turned out to be soda laundry soap.. it did raise it up to where i wanted it... so i guess it was not all that bad
And after looking at the pool chemistry on here... i see it says to use soda ash or washing soda..
so maybe not all that bad,, i hope...
sorry for all confusion, but my mind has not been to good this week, I am waiting to see if the mass in my Colan is cancer of not...
thanks everyone for the help

Goodness! Don't worry about the pool, I don't think the soap will do any permanent damage. Since you are facing a serious health concern you have a right to feel a little scrambled. I will keep you in my prayers. Good luck!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes... I found out today that it is in deed colon cancer, I will have surgery late next week to remove it and then on to chemo and radiation... life is grand, would not change a thing. this is just a bump in the road...
thanks again everyone
jim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi Everyone,
just wanted to let everyone know that was praying for me and thinking of me back in oct... The very good news is that I am cancer Free...Had surgery and did chemo... While as free as you can get, never 100%.
I am looking forward to a great summer in the pool with the family...
thanks again everyone
jim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.