Cover extremely heavy. What to do?

ding0k

Jun 1, 2010
I bought the house I live in about a year ago. It came with a Caldera Watkins Elation that looked to be in decent shape. I don't know how old the cover was at the time. Over time, the cover has gotten heavier and heavier. Now it's so heavy I can't even lift the cover off the tub.

It feels like there's water accumulating on the underside of it. The bottom is sagging so much because of all the water that it's actually touching the top of my spa water.

How do I get it out of there?

Are you thinking it is a total loss? If so I'd probaby drill holes through it and let the water drain into the tub. Likely after it is all over it will be time to change the water.

DISCLAIMER: I've never been in this situation so just letting you know what I would likely do/try!

-Chak

Early on, I was advised that every 2-3 months (e.g. every water change, if that's how often you do it) to unzip the covers and let the foam air out overnight. Not that I actually do that, because I haven't had the cover-too-heavy problem.
--paulr

ding0k said:

You don't. Buy a new cover. Look on-line and buy the cheapest one you can find.

That's what I did. Cover got so heavy I couldn't get it back on the spa. The new one must be better quality - over 5 years old and still as light as the day I bought it.

Good luck!

CUTiger78 said:
ding0k said:

You don't. Buy a new cover. Look on-line and buy the cheapest one you can find.

That's what I did. Cover got so heavy I couldn't get it back on the spa. The new one must be better quality - over 5 years old and still as light as the day I bought it.

Good luck!

Do you remember where you got yours from?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.