Pentair Intelliflo Pump cover?

padrino

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 16, 2010
I just recently purchased a new house with a pool and I'm looking to swap the pump for an Intelliflo VF and add a IntelliChlor. I currently run this configuration at my old house and love it however I built a small shed for my pool equipment at my old house to protect the Intelliflo among other things. This was done in part because the Intelliflo manual says to protect the pump from excessive moisture like rain.

Building something at my new house to shelter the pool equipment is an option but it will be quite a bit more difficult because of how everything is setup in a small space between the side of an exterior wall and fence. In any case I'm wondering if others have their Intelliflo pumps exposed to the elements? I seem to remember I once saw a small cover built specifically for the Intelliflo that provided a shroud on top of the pump but my searching didn't find anything. In any case I would appreciate any advice on how the Intelliflo will handle this situation.

zea3 said:

Thanks for the pointer, something like that may work, that seems to be the best option thus far. At one point I seem to remember Pentair had a purpose built cover for the Intelliflo but I may but I may be off base. I'm hoping someone with direct experience can comment since I know the Intelliflo is much more sensitive to the elements then other pumps are but I'm hoping a cover will be enough.

intelliflo motors are TEFC (totally enclosed fan cooled), so water isn't an issue. However, covering the drive wouldn't hurt. Mostly, just keep it out from under roof ledges where it would have gallons of water per minute dumped on it.

I read exactly the same thing - that although the intelliflo was made for all weather, it was still was susceptible to water ingress.

Considering the price, and how useful it is to me now, I didnt want to take any chances. I ended up building this little shed for ours with a see through caronite roof. It turned out to really fit in with the pool too.

http://www.applelogic.org/AL/cover.JPG

Steve

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.