One of my two skimmers suck more water than the other one

Oct 12, 2010
I am new to this site.

Lately I noticed one of my two skimmers sucks more water than the other one. Instead of water covering up the skimmer basket and circulating, it sucks water into the basket running lake the water level is low altough water level is normal. Any thoughts?

Welcome to TFP.

I'd check both skimmer weirs to make sure they can move freely. After that, I'd be concerned that the other skimmer may have a plumbing clog. Is there a valve to control flow to skimmers/main drain or to balance the skimmers?

I have the same issue, but blame whoever built the pool...I have no valve and the one that pulls well is much closer to the equip. pad.
If you do have a valve to turn one off and other on try that.
If not something as simple as a plug (I have used a tennis ball when I didn't have a plug) to see if you can make the other one work better. I can plug the one that usually works well and the other one will start working well.

It sounds like both of you have skimmers connected in "series" to the pump (both on the same suction line)

If so, Pentair Part # 08650-0079 is a clever device that will fix your issue. It installs in the skimmer closest to the pump and, through the use of an adjustable inlet on the bottom, will allow you to balance the skimmers.

(Sorry. I couldn't locate an image)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.