Easy Touch Remote

Oct 10, 2010
Just moved into a used house and it has Easy Touch System with a remote. When I try to turn on the remote it comes on for 1 second and then turns off.

Anyone come across this, and know the fix? I replaced the batteries and have read the manual, I can't find anything I'm doing wrong. The main unit itself seems to be working without a problem.

Thanks for your help

Just to make sure - you are holding down the power button for a few seconds before releasing. If I let go of mine too quick it doesn't stay powered up.

elltownsend,

It has been a while since you posted this question but I had the same problem and know how to fix it.

The setting in the remote called "power save" got cleared somehow. To fix it you must hold down the 'Menu' button and one other button to keep the remote turned on and then using a third finger try to navigate to 'Settings/Power Save' and set a value for it. It will take many retries and having someone help makes it easier.

Good Luck.

Ever since I changed the batteries in my 8 channel easytouch remote there have been problems. I finally got it to communicate, but now it won't let me cycle through menu and such. Also, it seems to blow through batteries with minimum use. Is anybody else having these problems? Is there a better remote out there?? OR how about controlling with tablet??

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.