Any Experience with GYSAR "F" Tile Brite Tile Cleaner?

Oct 10, 2010
I'm working on an inground pool 20,000 gallons, D.E. Filter, Whisper Flow 11/2 H.P. with heavy calcium deposits on the blue tile. I purchased GYSAR "F" Tile Brite Tile Cleaner as recommended to clean the tile. I used 1/8 gallon of GYSAR to 1/16 gallon of muriatic acid & it created alot of foam. I called the manufacturer, because there were no instructions on the bottle & no ingredient list. They told me to use a defoamer to get rid of the suds. So, I purchased "Arrow Spa" defoamer. I have used almost a full gallon of the defoamer over a 4 day period & still have suds.

Any recommendations as to how to eliminate the suds/foam? I did not take the water chemistry prior to adding the products. Prior to cleaning the tile, I've had the pool at a low shock for 5 days.

Shame on you for not taking the water chemistry first (you will be reprimanded for this)! Do you have a good test kit (I already know the answer!)? Why do you buy stuff that has no instructions? What's the matter with you boy?! :lol:

Glad you found the 'page and took the time to log in :goodjob: Spend lots of time here and you will learn more than you can imagine!

Oh yeah, the foaming will probably quit on its own. As for the calcium, I'd look in to getting a soda blaster to remove the calcium (it will raise the TA) and you could have a whole 'nother line of work :party:

Welcome to the 'page!!

Re: Getting suds out with GYSAR "F" Tile Brite Tile Cleaner?

Here's some more information on my "gysar f tile" cleaner problem. The product has created a bubble bath. I used less that 1/8 of a gallon in the entire pool. The problem being, suds that won't go away. Starting with last Wednesday, October 6th, I have cleaned the DE filter twice, added one gallon of Arrow Defoamer over those nine days and the pool is still producing foam. The water is clear before the filter pump is turned on, however once pump is on, suds appear. Using a TF-100 kit, water analysis is as follows: Free Chlorine -8, Total Chlorine - 7.5, TDS - 1920, PH - 7.2, Calcium Hardness - 350, Total Alkalinty -110, Cyanuric Acid - 80. Does anyone have a solution to get rid of the suds? Thank you

Thank you very much for your information. Question, was there a number within the analysis that gave you the answer? It would be great to know what to look for in the future, so I not bothering anyone. Thank you again very much for your response.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We have an old pool with spots that look like the plaster is popping off, the tile has a huge calcium film and a pool guy told me about this Gysar F product, we want to clean the tile and then drain the pool to patch the spots and then refill.. should we drain it, then clean the tile, if we drain it afterword, will the water going out look like a bubble bath and make a huge mess. Also when we refill, will the residues in the pipes and filter cause the new water to foam and be hard to remove.. btw is it the potential heavy calcium that is staining the tile and obviously floating in the water the reason for the foaming?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.