Booster Pump Wiring

Oct 3, 2010
Hey Guys,

I'm in the process of installing a booster pump. I need yall help to show me where to wired the timer to control the On/Off function. Below is my current wiring diagram, where should I connect the "load contacts" wires from the time clock? Also, did I wired the booster pump "hot" wires correctly?

Thanks!

My_Pool_Wiring.jpg

We need more info. The wiring diagram doesn't really tell us what's happening.

From what I can tell, you have a 2-speed main pump and the booster pump runs any time the main pump runs on high. Is this correct?

Tell us what equipment you have and we will be able to help.

The 2 speed main pump is a A.O. Smith B977, 1-1/2~.20 HP, 3450/1725 RPM, 230V
The booster pump is a Polaris PB4, 3/4HP, 3450RPM, 230/115V

The booster pump is not connect at this stage, the above diagram show the booster pump wired to the same location as the "SmartPure Oxidizer", the oxidizer will be eliminate. From my understanding the Oxidizer turn on when the main pump is on, so I would assume the booster pump turn on/off same time as the main pump.

IMAG0005.jpg

Bama Rambler said:
That takes care of the pumps. What is the controller that the pumps and timer are connected to?
The controller is a "Jandy 5295F". This board has a set of 10 dip switched on the back and 2 separate 3 position switches on the front. I google this board but couldn't find any useful info.

Jandy_Controller.jpg

Thanks for your help.

The controller just control the main pump and the oxidizer. The controller have 10 dip switch that controlled how many hours you want to run the pump in high speed. It also have 2 separate 3 position switch that controlled the pump on/off/auto in high speed and low speed.

How do people usually wired their 2nd timer to booster pump? Tap the timer load contact to the relay that the booster pump is connected to?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.