Need new impeller

smc

Oct 3, 2009
Tucson, Arizona
My impeller finally let go of its shaft and I can't find one locally. Where can I get one quick that won't cost too much? The guy at the pool store I ususally go to for parts said he could order one for $60 that might work.

I need a Pentair/Pac Fab 1HP Hydropump. Possible part# 353013.

I found one for $35 at poolcenter dot com. I need to get home and match the numbers on my pump. I need to get this quicker. Why does this have to happen on a weekend?

The pool man went ahead and put chemicals in the pool. I hope it will be okay for 3-5 days...

You can always get a sump pump and push the water through the skimmer and to the filter, etc...

Or just use the sump to move the water around. I got a 3/4 horsepower sump pump from Harbor Fright for only $35.

Oooo - good idea! I was thinking about stirring the pool by hand - HA! (yeah, gonna do it anyway :) )

I apologize if I sounded grounchy in my previous post. I was actually looking for an even better deal for a small piece of plastic. I know, I know - it's specific and "should have been discontinued."

I hope that this is the correct part - the one my motor is rated for is yellow, and this one is "no color," which I hope is black like mine; if that even matters. The part number pretty much matches what the pool store guy wrote down for me, and I hope 3/4 hp impeller is why this 1 hp motor has lasted so long. Is that what "Uprated" means?

Thank You for the help everybody!

I think it's still warm enough to stir while swimming... :mrgreen:

A 3/4 HP impeller is the correct size for a 1 HP uprated motor. The same motor could have been rated as 3/4 HP full rated. The impeller is normally rated for the full rated version but will work fine with either.

Good! That's how I understood it.

I got a 1hp sump pump and figured out how to run it through the kreepy krauly hose to the filter. One problem - there's a big hole in the plumbing chain where the motor/impeller used to be. I'm on my way back to HF. Oh well, the pool "should" be okay for a few days. I brushed it and netted what leaves and junk I could get out of there.

I gotta get my money back to finish putting the brake system together on my Jeep for the trail run tomorrow!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.