Is this worth the $$$$

Oct 8, 2009
Closing our pool on the 20th and still can't decide on this closing option from our pool company.
Winter Service Option~$220.00
Pool company will perform 2 winter services. One during late Nov/early Dec and second during late March/early April. They drain extra water, add winter algaecide, test and cirulate the water. Add any balancing chemicals (like MA). The MA is extra...not included in the $220 price.
Does this seem worth the money?
I am worried about the PH...every week I need to add 2 qts. of MA to keep the ph in the 7.5 range. I can't imagine what the ph will be like opening in April 2011! I really don't want to have to deal with scaling in the spring!
Any input will be appreciated.

mamasproject said:
I am worried about the PH...every week I need to add 2 qts. of MA to keep the ph in the 7.5 range. I can't imagine what the ph will be like opening in April 2011! I really don't want to have to deal with scaling in the spring!

I am hoping someone will address this concern. I would like to know.

I am not the o p, but FWIW, my re-plaster was new in 2006, the summer of 2009 the plaster was perfect, upon opening in March 2010 the plaster had scaling- pH got too high for too long over the winter- I'll be monitoring pH in future winters.
My pool takes about 31 oz of M Acid every 7 days in the summer/now ( was more frequent but help from others on TFP has got it to the7 day range).

Johnny B or OP...if you could post your latest full test results, we may be able to help you out. JH...if your plaster is now 4 years old and your TA is around 70-80, your PH should remain pretty stable if the pool is covered for the winter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.