Pool Pilot Cubby Digital Message that won't go away

Sep 28, 2010
Hi,

I have a Pool Pilot Cubby Digital that's been working fine for almost a year. New SC36 cell, new tri sensor and new cords. It's been working fine all summer. Noticed over the weekend error message "Cell Inspection Due Now" on the display. Saturday, I took out the cell, it's clean, no scales, cleaned the small filter, checked flow and tri sensor and put it all back together. The message comes right back as soon as I turn the unit back on. I can hit select to clear the message and it will go back to the normal display with everything working properly but then the next day when the timer comes on it comes up with the same error message. Any ideas as to either what's causing it or how to get it removed?

******************Update*************************

After a couple attempts to get an answer from AutoPilot...I really hate it when Technical Support isn't a help and just tells you to call for service but anyway. Yesterday I got a helpful support person on the phone that checked with an engineer there and said it's a software bug. When it hits 5,000 hours the message appears. He said either clear it out for a week or two or ignore it and it will go away. He did confirm that everything (cell, etc...) was working fine that it's sorta like the check engine light that comes on in your car at 75,000 miles. He also said that it will come back on at 10,000, 15,000...so don't be alarmed. He said that the fixed the bug in later units that I just happen to get an older one. Hope this helps somone else out there! :wave:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.