Pool Frog or Rainbow Clear 320 w/ Nature 2 system?

imratz

Sep 22, 2010
Please help me decide, this will decide who will build my pool.
I have never used an inline chlorinator before. This will be my 3rd pool, so I know the basics, but want to get the best system for me and the kids.
Thanks,
Todd

This is for a new in-ground vinyl pool(16x32). We live in Indiana

Welcome to TFP.

Stay away from the Frog! Or any mineral or trichlor feeders for that matter.

If you're looking for automatic chlorine systems go with an SWCG. It's not completely hands off but it's as close as it gets. The second option would be a liquid chlorine injection system (Liquidator or Peristaltic pump).

Neither...ask for a saltwater generator (Saltwater pool is a chlorine pool). You can search frog and nature2 on this forum and judge for yourself.

Welcome to TFP :wave: and please do read through pool school (button on upper right of this page)...the information there will help you understand where we are coming from :goodjob:

The key to success in as good as a system you purchase is to invest in an adequate test kit. I prefer the Tf100 from Tftestkits.net, but the Taylor k2006 is just as good, you just don;t get the same amount of reagent for the $.

Good luck with your build.

Former Frog user here...save yourself the headache. If you want a basic inline chlorinator with none of those stupid mineral systems, thats one thing - the key is proper testing, as mentioned above, and then knowing what to do with those test results.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.