Which Winter Cover to buy for AGP

Aug 13, 2010
Ok, I am a pool rookie. We just got our 27' AGP installed this summer. Now, it is time already to close it down and I have no idea what cover to get. I have found about 25 different ones. I am in Michigan so snow and ice are normal for us. Wind usually is not a big issue. What would you recommend?

I would recommend a solid cover, but opinions vary widely and even options are abundant. Even though I purchased one of the more durable agp solid covers this year (armorkote) $108 for 24ft pool, if I had to do it over, it would be the cheap $40-$50 ebay throw away solid covers and avoid the hassle of cleaning the muck and storing the cover in the spring. But that's just me. Time will tell how long this new cover will last :scratch:

I think I must have gotten a cover that is only 27' instead of the bigger 28' models for my 24' round pool. I have less overlap than I remember in years past. I do not think the box says anything about overlap - just that it is a deluxe swimline cover for a 24' round pool. I liked the extra overlap a little more. Too late now though. Buyer beware I guess.

Thanks for the input. I broke down and bought a Armor Kote cover. It was $146 for a 27' pool (32' cover). I will see how it goes. By the way, any idea on how many air pillows (if any) that I would need?

Depending on who you talk to (or read on the Internet), the number of air pillows will be somewhere between 0-2 probably.
Some do not use them at all. I like one in the center with a ring of water around the outside for easier drainage and leaf removal during our winter thaws.
My wife thinks two is best tied together just in case one pops - there is a backup air pillow still in the center. I went with one this year.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.