Solar cover size question

Sep 17, 2010
Hi all, just found this very informative forum, this is my first post.

The width of my (new) pool (still being built) will be 14'3" x 26'10". The pool is a perfect rectangle, so no fancy cuts are necessary. Solar covers come in 14' width and 15' width. I can buy the 15' size and trim it, but since it's only a 3" gap, I thought it might be easier to just buy the 14' knowing how closely it would fit (and no risk of mistakes during cutting). Will that 1.5" gap on each side significantly reduce its effectiveness? Is it also possible that there's a little bit of extra width on the 14' version? What would you do?

I disagree, depending on your situation...

For me, I am glad my cover is snug against the sides of the pool because it prevents a lot of leaves, insects and pollen from ending up on the bottom of the pool. If debris isn't an issue for you, then it would be much easier to buy the smaller size and not have to custom trim.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.