Pump for Infinity Pool

Sep 19, 2010
Hello All,

I am helping a friend with an Infinity Pool he is building. The PB he was using isn't working out. I was hoping to post some numbers and see if you could help us determine the pump sizes we should order. The PB had mentioned that he intended on purchasing two pumps. One for the jacuzzi and one for main pool. The PB was planning on using Pentair Whisperflo models. We are wondering if there are any solar operated pumps that could be recommended.

The pool is 30,000 gallons.
The infinity edge is 40 feet long.
The edge cants inward to the pool.
The weir is 12" wide.
There is one skimmer and it is in the collection basin.
There is a 300 gallon raised jacuzzi that flows into the main pool. (4' wide spillway)
The collection basin is 1350 gallons (40 ft long and 3 feet wide)

I can get pictures and count pipes for you as well if necessary. Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to give.

What effect is he looking for at the bottom of the edge? Sheering waterfall or spill over and wash down the side?

I have a feeling the basin is a little small.

Need to know what size plumbing too. I hope it's big pipes and suction outlets because it could need several hundred GPM for an inverted wall that big if a sheer into the basin is desired.

Scott

Scott,
Thank you for the response. We are just expecting a "wet wall" effect. The top of the weir is going to be quartzite flag. The collector side of the pool is not really visible. I will get the pipe dimensions and pictures tomorrow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.