Are these the correct caps to use on my return jets?

flyboy320

Jul 23, 2009
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
These caps seem to be very loose in the threads when I screw them into the return jets. The pool builder used them last year when he closed and I was going to use them this year when I close myself, but they do seem to be very loose. I have to use a lot of Teflon tape to get them to at least give some resistance when screwing them in.

Are there any other types out there that work better, maybe rubber plugs?

Attachments

• Cap.jpg
    Cap.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 313
Those look like a standard PVC cleanout plug.
6a66c59f-7b44-4703-9cce-abde9d3fc9be_400.jpg

I actually used these on my pool last year, might switch to the rubber ones this year.
But if you said they are loose I probably wouldn't trust them.

These are the ones that have a rubber gasket on them to help keep a water tight seal.
090306-11.gif

keep in mind that sp-1022 c style plugs rely on the return faceplate to make a seal. Sometimes the plates can crack around the screw holes, when this happens we change the plates to avoid any chance of leaking after installing the plug.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If your talking about the threaded fitting that can sometimes get stuck in the wall there is a tool that fits into the notches on the inside of the fitting for better leverage. Also a 1.5 " wood chisel will fit the grooves just be careful as the chisels are very sharp

use SP-1022 C style plugs, instead of that plug for better results

I have seen several posts that you recommend the sp1022 c style plugs. However, every where I check says that they are for concrete pools not vinyl.

I am very curious as to why this is such a confusing topic. Why are the proper plugs not sold everywhere. I too cannot decided which to use....HELP!

These are the ones I have seen as well by Feherguard made in Canada (1.5 inch):

plug__30085.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.