Pool Pictures with decking issues

Can you describe the issue a bit better? Are they out of level? Heaved? or just a little loose?

Pavers are not grouted or cemented in. They are laid close to one another and "lock" together. A sand with a polymer then is poured onto the surface and swept into the joints. Water is then put onto the deck and the polymeric sand hardens a bit.

You may need to re-sand your deck. Any paver deck, walk, etc needs to be re-sanded here and there every few years.

bk406 said:
Can you describe the issue a bit better? Are they out of level? Heaved? or just a little loose?

Pavers are not grouted or cemented in. They are laid close to one another and "lock" together. A sand with a polymer then is poured onto the surface and swept into the joints. Water is then put onto the deck and the polymeric sand hardens a bit.

You may need to re-sand your deck. Any paver deck, walk, etc needs to be re-sanded here and there every few years.
Hello The real issue with the pavers is some are heaving to one side ,not always level ,weeds and grass grows between the pavers so I am constantlying using roundup to kill the weeds it works well. I see quite a gap from the coping to the actual next pavers just seems to be untidy I actually removed a few and laid more sand mixed with a little thin set and that worked well also I am wondering should I sweep in polymeric and finish with a sealer??

Sounds like your pavers are settling. You may just have to use a compacting machine to tamper the pavers. I would call your pool builder and have him come out to inspect them. He might take care of it.

A compacting machine wont work, really. What you need to do is to remove the pavers that are out of level, re-screed the sand or stone dust under them, and re-set them. A compacting machine will not fix the underlying problem. It's actaully not too difficult. No need to seal them either, just as Sal said. Once they are level, use polymeric sand.

Brent, it may not be his pool builder that put them in. Most pool builders dont install the pavers. Your was the exception, not the rule. Most use a landscaper that specializes in hardscape to build a pool deck. But you correct in that a call to the installer might help. If the pavers have been in for several years, they will likely charge him for the fix as settling a bit is usuallly not guaranteed for more than a couple years.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.