Cloudy pool after swim party

macgas

Jul 29, 2010
Houston,TX
My chemistry is checked daily and the water is crystal clear prior to a party. I have an in floor cleaning system which appears to be working quite well. After a party for 15 little girl scouts (age 11) the pool is cloudy. Is this just dust that the cleaner is not getting? Any thoughts?

15 little girls? LOL :lol: :lol: I would guess that they introduced some stress on your FC level.

What lots of us do before a pool party is raise the FC a couple ppm's.

If you post your test #'s we could give better info.

FC 5.5, CC 0, pH 7.8 TA 120, CH 340, CYA 40, Temp 90, Prior to party. So I added 6 cups of 6% chlorine and 4 cups of acid 4 hours prior to party and ran the pump and cleaner until party started.

Usual daily pump run is 8 hours, daily cleaner is 3 hours.

It just occured to me that debris from the waterfall could have washed stuff in that clouded the pool. Waterfall is not on unless we are swimming.

AS butterfly said, that's a really big demand. Just keep your FC upand run the pump 24/7 and it will clear.....usually in just a day or so....sometimes a little longer.

Given all your numbers (pool size, CYA level, number of bathers, etc.) I would think running your FC up to around 8-9ppm would help a lot but I think you'll still get some cloudiness.....that's a lot of swimmers.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.