Programable Pool Pump Timer

Aug 17, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
What is the best Programmable Pool Pump Timer where I can program on/off for a weekly schedule :

1. Turn pump on at 9:00 pm and off at 7:00 am Mon-Friday
2. Turn pump on to run 24 hrs Saturday and Sunday

Also, if the air temperature goes over 80 F I'd like to be able to adjust the schedule so that the pump can
come on for 3 or 4 hours during the afternoon.

I have an intermatic timer that does exactly that. I don't remember the model number but it's an electronic timer. I looked on the Intermatic site but couldn't find it listed. It works like a programmable thermostat for your home. You can set it for any 1 day, 5 days + 2 days or all 7 days with multiple cycles per day.

Seems like it was about $60.00 but it may have been a little more. I got it at Lowes. I'm not sure why they had it or if it's a normally stocked item.

I didn't need an electrician to install it but I'm not a good one to ask cause I-R-1! :-D

Not sure you'll be able to find something that adjusts to the outside temp. If you are handy, you could use a programmable A/C thermostat and a contactor. I've thought about using an irrigation timer, but most limit each zone to 99 minutes, so you'd need to program each zone in succession which would be a pain if you wanted to change the program often. And it would not be able to react to temperature.

That's pretty impressive. It uses Z-wave communication which is a protocol developed and marketed by Zenith but has become a standard in the home automation arena. It's 900mhz radio protocol so it's very reliable.

A couple of quick looks puts it about $350.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.