I'm a about to bite the bullet on THIS Package...Can u help?

Aug 19, 2010
Nyack, NY
Fellas, Im about to bite the bullet on this special, but before I do, can some of my more skilled poolhead colleges take a quick glance at it and advise if there is anything I should be aware of before I take the plunge (no pun) :p

The company is Carlton Pools and they seem to be pretty well known in the northeast, if that matters

http://www.carltonpools.com/specials.ph ... esidential

If its a good package, what would you add, change or verify further?

thanks for taking a look

BK, Im up in the air right now...Im leaning toward a gunite/shotcrete pool if I can budget it close to the same price as a vinyl package...and this one seems close to that based on the advertised package, unless of course, I am missing some obvious things that I didnt account for?

Ok, I see. I will say that just because you can get a shotcrete pool for about the same price that its better than vinyl. There are positives and negatives for shotcrete. For that type of pool (i.e. simple, basic, functional) you cant beat a vinyl pool. I think they are eaiser to maintain, and wont wear as badly in the cold winters (my opinion of course). The website says its shotcrete, but I missed what type of finish. Is it straight plaster?

Yes it is....I agree about the vinyl advantages, but I think considering both prices are close to equal (if they are...which is why I am asking you guys to help compare the details) then I think my choice is leaning toward a shotcrete pool.

Perhaps I'm, crazy....but I have always felt concrete pools where just more ...elegant (for a lack of a better term)

But I am certainly not against vinyl

Rico Laguno said:
Perhaps I'm, crazy....but I have always felt concrete pools where just more ...elegant (for a lack of a better term)

Maybe, it depends on what your after. But for a basic pool with maybe a swimout or a tanning ledge, the way they build vinyl now looks really good. If you coludnt see the liner, mine looks as good as any basic concrete pool ive ever seen.
It's up to you, ultimately, but honestly, for the type of pool i wanted, I chose vinyl over gunnite. And it didnt have a lot to do wth cost either.

It's a basic 16x32 kidney. 3 returns, 1 skimmer, 1 main suction. All returns, main, and skimmer plumbed back to the pad on separate runs. No pop up cleaner, deck jets etc. Not much to go wrong, really. Easy to maintain, and easy to work on if something does go wrong.

day6.jpg

day7.jpg

night1.jpg

poolopen.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.