sediment/pollon in pool, can't get it out!

bama, theres no way my cya would have gotten that high, I've been pretty touchy on relying on my tri-chlor and di-chlor (my only sources of cya) as methods to chlorinate my water. Tri-chlor may be great for shocking but its so potent that I am scared of it blowing the cya out on my little pool.

I just checked the water when I got home, it looks like its finally kicking in. The bottem isn't nearly as much of a mess or cloudy, and the cl test is actually redder then it usualy is. I'll have to give it some more love and care tomorrow night when I get some free time now to help make sure the walls are scrubbed. It dosnt feel like its sticking to the side walls but im sure its sitting under a few of the folds in the liner on the floor (Following the algea instructions from the other forum. ^^).

Well I found out 2 things today from working on the pool.

#1 I may have had a bloom but it wasn't seriouse. My FC loss is pretty low when I had tested it the last 12 hours, and the pool was pretty clear aside from the green Crud all over the bottom.

#2 even though an intex filter may look to be still good and clean after hosing it off, it's pores WILL open up enough that the filter becomes useless.

I was attempting to vacuum the stuff off the bottom and I did it real slow as to not kick it up again out of range of the totaly underpowered intake opening. I happened to glance over at the exhaust port and saw a stream of green stuff shooting from it. At first I thought 'oh Crud, I can't vacuum this stuff', but I popped a brand new filter in and it looked like it was filtering the dense stuff just fine.

GOD I hate intex pumps! As soon as I can afford a sand filter, I am taking a shot gun to this thing. -_-

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.