Little orange spots all over my steps -- help!

singerteacher

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 2, 2008
western Wisconsin
I've tried to attach a photo of the little orange spots that are all over my fiberglass steps. I've tried the vitamin C tablet and it doesn't work. I think I need to purchase a metal sequestrant but have no idea which one to buy. Help!

Attachments

• 2010 Aug - Sept 032 - Copy.JPG
    2010 Aug - Sept 032 - Copy.JPG
    17 KB · Views: 168
Before spending $ on shocking, you could just pick up a tab at walmart or local HW store :goodjob: ...although liquid chlorine poured down a pipe to localize it to that area may due the trick. What is your CYA level?

I'd spend $2 on a single trichlor puck before I tried shocking. Once you're done with the puck you can use it in an old floater if you have one, or the skimmer. Just be sure to leave the pump running till it's gone if you do that.

Okay, I tried scraping the spots with a trichlor puck, and with TONS of scrubbing, they do come off. The issue now is that the spots have multiplied over the winter (I probably have 100 spots now), and scrubbing each little spot with a trichlor puck at 2-3 minutes each is going to take me all summer. Any other abrasives I could safely use on fiberglass pool steps? (There are no spots on the sides/bottom, thankfully.) Is a copper scouring pad okay? What about a pressure washer? Thanks for the ideas!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.