Just showin' off.

anonapersona

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
OK, now that I can post photos, with a lot of help from my very patient husband whom I love dearly..... I invite you to take a tour of our little slice of paradise.

From the front door you can see through the living room out to this view through the pool doors.

Pooldoorviewwithfalls.jpg

Tiny cafe table, that big pot is a water barrel. The chaise moves around from time to time so it appears over by the deep end later.

Pooldeckleftside.jpg

Leaving the deep end of the pool we can walk through the gate toward the patio.

Chaisetofenceview.jpg

The fountain is just outside the screen porch. Birds visit the fountain all day long.

Fountainview.jpg

The porch is a nice place for a cup of coffee or to watch thunderstorms. The porch is long and narrow to the left and the roof is partially screened, not solid, so we can keep the grill inside -- no mosquitoes to get in the porch or into the house. That porch is just off the kitchen and breakfast area.

Screenporchview.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Shane1 said:
Very nice. I love all foliage!

Thanks, we owe some kudos to the work that was done by the prior owner when the pool was installed almost 10 years ago. But we have been working like dogs to get it all cleaned up and rearranged with more color, fixing drainage issues. The entire side yard was devastated by hurricane Ike so we had major work there, removing roots and taming what had been left alone for years.

anonapersona said:
Ah, but I am in The Woodlands.... notice the capital T.
Yes, but it's still semi-coastal Texas... :wink:

We've been experiencing some of your weather up here in Dallas recently. Last night after dark as I was finishing up a little work outside, the air was as still as in a crypt, the temperature & humidity were both up around 90(not much exaggeration), and the mosquitos were as thick as fog...

Beez said:
[Yes, but it's still semi-coastal Texas... :wink:

We've been experiencing some of your weather up here in Dallas recently. Last night after dark as I was finishing up a little work outside, the air was as still as in a crypt, the temperature & humidity were both up around 90(not much exaggeration), and the mosquitos were as thick as fog...

Yeah, I had to quit storing the bleach in the garage. It was staying at over 100 well into the night.

With all the rain from that storm that passed through, the mosquitoes will be ferocious soon.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.