alk = 110ppm
cyanuric acid 35ppm

I was told to add (pool store)
5lbs of stabilizer
1lb.50oz sodium bisulfate
33lbs 16.0 oz calcium hardness

My pool is a 13594 gal. ABG with SWG
My salt was perfect
Your vinyl pool doesn't need calcium, but the store owners wallet nneds a refill...

Stabilizer: yes. Let Pool Calculator do the math for you. Then go low with it. You can always add more, but getting rid of CYA is a bear. Ask me how I know.

pH and TA are just getting to the worry level. I'd add enough Muriatic Acid to get pH to about 7.4. With a SWG you'll need to watch that, it will keep climbing. Keeping pH in check will bring TA down in time.

Get some chlorine in there. While waiting for CYA to dissolve, it might be prudent to just use bleach and then fine-tune the SWG when things are stabilized.

Are these your test results, or the pool store's? If you aren't doing your own testing, you're almost certainly wasting time and money on your pool. Check out Pool School. Read the test kit article, then order a TF100 and a speedstir. You'll be thanking me in a month for the tip.

Combined chlorine cannot be a negative number, so maybe they measured Total Chlorine at 0 and in order to agree with Free Chlorine measurement they claimed CC was -0.6?

Yeah, you need to do your own testing, you cannot believe these results, even if they do report things so confidently.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.