How much do I run my pump now?

Eastern PA, ready to close next weekend. I don't change the run hours for the pump until closing. Temperature (too cold to swim, we're wooses) and tree leaves usually dictate closing date. When the leaves seem to get excessive and have a calm day on weekend, that's a good day to close. High winds raise havoc when trying to install a 30 ft round cover.

We are running our pump for about 10 hrs per day. (during non-peak hydro rates)

Up here in Ottawa, Canada we will close our pool Thanksgiving (Canadian) 2nd week of October. With the Solar blankets on over night and a few hours of heating (gas heater) we are able to keep the temperature close to 80. If we could find an affordable way to heat it we would keep it open into November. Maybe Geothermal ?

IT's not just a canadian thing. A lot of the world calls electrical service "hydro" due to the hydro-electric generation method. :)

Don't get me on my soap box about how we're under utilitizing "hydro" as a power generating source.

Oh. Ok.
So what do they call it if they have a wind farm or plain ol' fossil fuel plants providing their generation? Nevermind...don't need to get into here. I just didn't understand the comment because of it. That is all.
Just plain confusing if you ask me, but I know... nobody did.

From Wikipedia:
In 1974 the Power Corporation Act reorganized the system as a crown corporation called Ontario Hydro, the name it was most usually known by. In many Canadian provinces, including Ontario, hydroelectric power is so common that "hydro" has become synonymous with electric power regardless of the actual source of the electricity.

It's a Canadian thing.....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.