Howdy Ya'll

Sep 9, 2010
Gautier, Ms
Hot & Sticky tonight here in South Ms, after threatening to fill it (the pool) with dirt or make a fishing pond out of it, and be done with it, I decided to surf the web and find some assistance to a constant low flow issue with our DIG-220 SWG, I posted in the SWG forum have a look if you have any suggestions it would be most appreciated.

Anyway bought the house in 94, came with the pool that was installed in 86, been love/hate ever since, 4 liners across the years, last one was only 1 yr old until hurricane Katrina visited us and trashed the pool and all accessories.

I shifted to the SWG in 2007, & up until last 6 mos it has been a good thing. I've been working away out of town last 6 mos. and just got back, of course every thing broke while I was away the wife has been managing with tried & true chlorine pucks $$$. I have been catching up on the "honey-dos" and am back into pool-guy mode :).

Looks like ya'll have a good site here I'll be passing along to my Diesel buddies @ http://www.thetruckstop.us if any of ya'll need help with your Diesel vehicle or vehicles in general, we have a pretty broad spectrum of experience there stop on in for a visit I'm TD there also; been dabbling off/on since 2000 with Diesel machinery of all types including running a large railroad repair shop servicing GE Diesel locomotives 2008-2010 in Ga.

Before that & now back in the field service game, I have 28 years in all facets of turbine repair & operation, mostly with modified aircraft small & medium jets modified for power generation, gas compression, oil pumpers, & ship propulsion, now I'm in steam & large gas turbines that make large power for the grid.

Welcome to TFP!! I am proud to inform you that your relationship with your pool is about to go all LOVE no hate, of course except for those hurricanes.

Just from what you have mentioned up there "You need to go to school son". read Pool school extensively.

PS my neighbour has a Diesel Injection shop that deals mostly with the turbo rebuilding

Howdy, not too distant neighbor. I replied to your question in the other thread. Debated on moving it, but since it's the same topic I left it there.

As the Canuck said, read pool school and then read it again. You'll love your pool for it and your pool will love you back. :)

Hi, welcome to forum. It is nice to know someone with such experience in things mechanical, hope all my machines behave and I don't need to ask that sort of advice.

Glad you found us. Since it has not been said, right after you read Pool School from top to bottom, bookmark both the "Chlorine/CYA chart" and the "Pool Calculator". The Pool Calculator will be your best friend so get familiar.

If you do not have a test kit that will reliably give you those numbers to input into the NOW column, review "Test Kits Compared" in Pool School and order whichever of the recommended kits you think is right for you. I have the TF100 with a SpeedStir so I am partial to that one. You will look back after a few months of using that and realize it was the best money you ever spent on the pool.

Meanwhile, what sort of test data do you have for the pool now? We may be able to begin taming your pool right away.

Thanks for the replies folks, the love/hate is not me & the pool, it's the me being the one who has to "fix it" when chemistry goes out of whack, I spend too much time away and my wife tries but just does not "get it" when it comes to water chemistry, if the pool is clear then it's good to here.

The SWG was installed to make life a little better in that regard, but when it "went down" and she went to chlorine tabs things got "complicated again" for her, anyway not dissin the wife, she has a lot on her plate when I'm gone; which has basically been the last 2 years when I was coming home just on weekends while running that locomotive shop; and keeping up with the pool can take some time which can be in short supply for her.

I'll carry on in a new thread as I forgot it's poor form to tag on with my own issues in another thread plus it makes it harder to search later for the thread if the info you seek is buried inside another thread.

I started another thread here post222063.html#p222063 that has the water chemistry results as we started working through this issue yesterday

Should the SWG ever go down again it ought to be easy enough to have an emergency plan in place. Add bleach to the pool every day at some time, volume sufficient to add 2ppm to the pool. Your pool is near the volume of my pool so that would be one small jug of bleach a day, or a big jug every other day. Keep it circulating and it will hold on until you get home.