PSI Guage

TizMe

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 26, 2007
Covington, Georgia
Ok! Our PSI guage on the filter is reading 50 PSI all of a sudden and we have been backwashing all week long twice a day to get the pool clear. Is this a problem with the pump or is the guage broken ?

ALSO

What numbers should I be looking for in my chems for a 13,600 G AG pool vinyl liner as far as chems go. I keep reading about clhorine drops during the night and such. What should my goal numbers and such be ??

Do you still have good flow from the return(s)? If not the pressure reading is probably real. Does the pressure reading change when you turn off the pump? If not the gauge is broken. Have you tried backwashing and does that change the pressure at all? Too much DE in a DE filter can clog the filter causing high pressure readings. Did you accidentally turn off all of the returns? (assuming you have valves that turn returns on and off)

If the gauge isn't broken that is not good and you shouldn't keep running the pump at that pressure.

Post your current numbers and we can make some suggestions about how to improve them.

There is still good flow from the return in the pool. I didnt notice what pressure was before I started to backwash so if there was a pressure change afterwards, I'm not sure. Is a new guage expensive and easy to change ? I will take a water sample to the pool store tomorrow and get some numbers and post them for you to look at ...

Test results

Ok, here are the results of our water test from today.

FC 9.1
TC 9.1
CC 0.0
PH 7.4
ALK 130
CY 70

We also purchased a new PSI guage. Do I just remove the old one and insert the new one? I would assume with the pump NOT running too?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.