Autopilot Digital 220 Low Amps

Sep 8, 2010
I have a 3-1/2 year old Autopilot Digtal 220 and it was flashing low amps. Cell had some buildup and was cleaned. Still displayed low amps. Replaced cell and cord. Still displaying low amps. In test mode it shows the volts at 0 and amps at 6. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Press the PUMP button and let me know what the display shows. If it says REMOTE RUNS PUMP, you will need to reprogram it.

Also, if you run the TEST mode when the cell has not gotten a chance to energize, it will show 0 volts. Therefore, place the unit in BOOST first, let it run a few minutes, THEN run the TEST mode.

After these steps, I can further advise you.

I checked the fuse after talking to Autopilot and found fuse #3 fried as well as the entire board. When I tried to change the fuse, the clip holding the fuse fell off due to the burning of the board. Is it possible to replace the board only? The pump control still works as well as the tri-sensor and the display board.

I'm running a DIG-220 at power level 2. The display reads something like "check cell." In test mode it indicates 16v at 3.4amps. The voltage seems OK but amps at level 2 (according to the mfr) should about 6.5. The cell is a SC-36. The salt level reads 4300, but I haven't calibrated it lately. Anyone know if this is pointing to the cell or power supply problem? Thx!

Verify your salt level first.
If the salt level is good, check your circuit breakers to make sure you've got 220 volts to the unit. Assuming that checks out ok, then it's pointing to your power module.
Even with the lower voltage and amperage, you're still generating chlorine...just not a normal capacity.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.