Show us why you have "SPARKLYPOOLITIS"

dorpo75

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 8, 2009
NE Ohio
Alright everyone, I for one am very bummed at the prospect of another cold, dreary, NE Ohio winter and am DOUBLE bummed that I have to cover my pool, HOWEVER...if each of us could/would post a pic of the reason you have a case of chronic sparklypoolitis it might make it easier for those of us who can't look outside and see our beautiful oasis sparkling in the sunshine get through the upcoming months of blah... :cry:
I'll go first because even though it will be covered, I can come here and enjoy it along with everybody else's. :whoot:

thereisasparkle.jpg

SPARKLE-ON. :thumleft:

I can't. :pale:

My pool is hidden by an ugly blue blubble cover at the moment. I really dislike it. I haven't got any idea what my pool looks like at the moment; intellectually I know it will be clear, as it looked like Dora's when I covered it, and I tested and dosed it less than 24 hours ago, but that's just not the same as stepping out for a smoke and seeing it in all it's sparkliness.

The last couple days have been exceptionally foggy. Very unseasonable here. My wife told me she went out back to work on the garden and saw that pool and felt sad. The grey gloom and the pool all covered made it seem like winter's here already.

Closing the pool? Are you crazy! It is dropping to nearly zero celcius here at night and I have the pool cranked to 34C at the moment, I'll think of closing it when snow stays on the ground overnight...somewhere around the beginning of October. I took a dip this AM and I could see my breath LOL!

I'll post pictures of me swimming with snow around the pool for you early closers. :party:

Just today I received a call from the pool service company, wanting to schedule my pool closing. Looks like I only have until 10/11 to suffer from sparklypoolitis. And then I'll begin to suffer from pure depression, waiting for Spring to come!!

Here is the reason for my ailment....

Day247003.jpg

I live in the wrong state . . sigh. Someday we will live further south where the winters aren't so long. We usually close our pool around Sept. 21, as I hold out just in case we get some warm, sunny days. Here's what makes me so eternally grateful for this forum:

295ac8g.jpg

Sigh....I don't have sparklypoolitis, alas, I have covetthyneighborspoolitis!

My pool's saga is posted in under construction UPDATE: Florida re-plaster/reno saga continues...THE PICS![/color].

But, I love lookin at everyone elses babies they sure are purdy! :mrgreen:

Signed,
Hopeful in Indialantic

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.