Any new pools for the slideshow?

Thanks, Duraleigh and Jason! That pic was taken with my cellphone in 2006 so I do need to take some newer and better pics once we open the pool for the season. I just realized that we left those foam things on the ladder that my nieces put on in that pic :oops:

Yeah, back then the Baquacil was still working okay. But last year we had a lot of problems with very bad haziness. We used floculant which would temporarily cure it. Then we started getting some kind of weird brown algae. Also, I don't know if Baquacil changed their formula or what, but we were adding Baqua Shock every week just about. Way too expensive!

Jason,

Glad you liked the pics. Actually, I have a fairly large yard and the pool occupys about half of such. I plan on taking a few more pics for you once my addditional decking is completed which will probably show the rest of the yard. At least the pics show how the pool looks 95 % of the time (when the sun is out), even with the current stains that are currently being addressed by this forum.

Re: Any new pools for the slideshow?- not quite yet-

WOW! This is great thread for inspiration!
It really helps me to envision what is possible.
I am posting my picture here as "before"- We kept the excavated rock since some of the limestone is flat enough for walls etc. We have huge boulders too.

We have huge landscape project ahead of us...anyone do rock work in Austin or San Antonio area?
Our pool is open...Ph is high- have to research cheap way to bring it down.
Suggested to use sodium bisulfate in small 3 lbs containers. That looks expensive.
Not ready to add this to home page yet.
Need to do final grade, kill weeds in dirt and get some rock work done....

Attachments

• smpoolsopen.jpg
    smpoolsopen.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 352
JasonLion said:
marthas_ear, I love those trees. Do you know what kind they are?

Add to the slide show.
--
Wow- thanks- that is our precious little shade! The trees are juniper asheii- we call 'em "cedars" in Central Texas...most people chop em down... Interspersed among them are wonderful Live Oak -Quercus- Both are barely hangin on from drought.
In fairness, I should put up my picture of the other side of the pool that desperately needs landscaping! This is view to west...those are all oaks...great big one, too.
Plan to make some rock walls from the piles of rock and plant cactus like yucca and agaves and hot-loving plants.
Pool is week old now...and it is in 90's- I jump in when I get home from work.
Get aload of the the rock removed in excavation! I kept them since many make nice landscape features.

Attachments

• smneedswork.jpg
    smneedswork.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 296

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.