jandy aqualink rs power center

philanna

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 18, 2007
Citrus Heights, CA
Please help me trouble shoot my jandy rs power center & pda. I can"t call my builder cuz they went belly up!!!
My power center is going haywire. It is working fine sometimes, then it just kinda freezes up and does nothing. I have the pda remote and it wont even turn all the way on when this is happening, it just says "waiting" and the aqualink panel has "auto" lit up and "spa mode" lit up. But the spa is not on and it should be running its normal "pool mode" cycle right now. Ive tried pushing "reset", nothing. I've also flipped the breaker off, then on and nothing. This began about 4 days ago when the power went out (i tripped a breaker running too much in kitchen). Ever since that happened the panel has been acting up, sometimes working fine, other times not. I have had to reset the date & time on PDA everytime the panel comes back on after its weird out, the pda will be showing the start up date (5/2006)????
If anyone has any idea of what I have going on here, please let me know. I cant even turn my pool on at all today~~~help!
thanks, Anna

It may not solve the problem, but try replacing the 9V backup battery in the power center. They don't last as long as they should, but it will keep your date & time right.

As for the PDA not working all the time, I have the same experience. I assume that it is wireless interference caused by my or my neighbor's phone or wireless internet. I don't know what band the Jandy PDA is on (does anybody know?), but interference is a likely cause. What versions are shown when you start up the PDA (PPD, JBox, PDA)?

Another unlikely (IMO) cause could be low AC voltage due to load, although your power supply should be able to handle it. Have you checked your AC voltage at the power center? Of course, be careful as 110 V AC or 220 V AC is dangerous.

Good luck!

Thanks for helping!
The other day I ran the diagnostic on pda and it said the batt at power central was good. Everything was acting normal again after i reset the date & time and I had to re-do "system setup". Then this morning the pool just didn't turn on, and the pda just says "waiting" so I can't access anything on it. The panel was lit up on "auto" & "spa mode", what? Then i flipped the breaker off & on, now nothing is lit on panel and pda still just says "waiting". I also tried to reset the channel on the pda at the j box (following instructions in install manual) but the pda didn't respond right, it just stayed on the screen saying to move the switch on j box to learn, I think I'm probably making things worse. I'm not sure what to do now.

I pushed the reset button on the aqualink panel & after a few seconds it came on with the auto light lit. I was then able to reset the ch. on my pda. The pda time & date needed to be reset, but all my programs stayed. So for now everything looks okay. I'm thinking changing the ch on pda will prevent whatever was happening.

I just had this problem but happen to have two PDA's and issue only with one of them. So believe problem is not RF channel related. Getting a new 9v battery before I try resetting. Will post result so anybody with this problem knows not an RF channel issue.

Reset the console and now both PDA's working. I just wouldn't assume channel issue seems more like just a need to reset console if PDA stuck. I had messed around last year getting a good channel so didn't want to change it unless I got some indication this problem was related to needing a cleaner channel.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.