Loop-Loc cover question

Steverino

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 18, 2009
Central PA
Not closing just yet... water was about 88 today :party: The solar cover + solar heaters can do wonders even when the nights are in the 50's.

Anyway, I AM laying plans for the inevitable sometime in October. At any rate, last winter was the first for this pool, and the Loop-Loc cover wore the white coating off of places on our aluminum coping. Seemed to be where the reinforced strips on the cover "rode". I still need to figure out the best paint to use to touch it up (suggestions?), but am thinking I should pad the edges this winter to avoid further damage.

Loop-Loc makes an "Undr-Covr" product, and also suggests using indoor-outdoor carpet pieces. Just thought I'd throw it out to all of the TFP wise ones for any further thoughts or suggestions...

Thanks!

Steve

Rustolium works well for painting the coping. This happens with nearly all covers.

Cheap outdoor carpet works but can fall in when it isn't wide enough. Loop Loc's Undr Covr is attached to the straps by slicing a slit so a cover strap can fit in, keeping it from falling in. The cover slides on the the padding to prevent the wear marks on the coping and also helps to protect it from rough coping.

Scott

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.