How do I build this Coping?

Sep 6, 2010
We are just starting our pool. The dig starts next week. Our goal is to have our pool look very similar to this photo. I know how we will get the top coping but how to we attach the bottom coping. At this time we're planning on having the entire beam shot with gunite. Any ideas?

Should I only have gunite formed to the top of the pool surface and then pour the bottom coping build a wall on top of that and pour the top coping? That sounds inefficient to me.

Thanks for any feedback
http://www.buildingmydreampool.blogspot.com

[attachment=0:3u28niph]dreampool.jpg[/attachment:3u28niph]

Attachments

• dreampool.jpg
    dreampool.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 246
I have no clue on the coping, but I saw that picture and had to warn you.

That lawn in the deck is just a recipe for piles of clippings in the water. My nearest lawn is 3 feet away and I still get stuff blowing in the pool when I mow. Edging is even worse.

Richard320 said:
had to warn you.

That lawn in the deck is just a recipe for piles of clippings in the water. My nearest lawn is 3 feet away and I still get stuff blowing in the pool when I mow. Edging is even worse.

Yeah, we were concerned about that, so we are putting river rock around the big 4x4 stepping stones, and putting pavers where the garden boxes are but plan on leaving the grass on the deck area. We're in Florida and trying to find a slow growing grass different from St. Augustine. If it gets too be too much of a pain we figure we can paver it later.

Thanks!!!!

superiorfenceandrail said:
Richard320 said:
had to warn you.

Now that I had a cup of coffee and few more minutes to think about I'll add 2-3' of pavers next to the pool on the raised grass deck. That way I can still keep the look of the grass but not have as many issues w/ the grass clippings, plus that will be the high traffic area so less lawn maintenance.

Thanks again!!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.