question on adding specified amt of 10% chlorine

dorpo75

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 8, 2009
NE Ohio
Just tested the water and here are my #'s.
FC 4
CC 0
PH 7.5
Alk 110

I plugged these numbers into the pool calculator (which I love) and it is telling me to add 1 gal + a bit more to get my FC to 5. Does this seem to be an extreme amount of 10% chlorine to you all to move 1 place? :?:

I have not added it yet.

Dora said:
Just tested the water and here are my #'s.
FC 4
CC 0
PH 7.5
Alk 110

I plugged these numbers into the pool calculator (which I love) and it is telling me to add 1 gal + a bit more to get my FC to 5. Does this seem to be an extreme amount of 10% chlorine to you all to move 1 place? :?:

I have not added it yet.
Looks like you entered 1% instead of 10% in the FC line.

You certainly need to know CYA, or you may be underchlorinating.

I went outside and checked the CYA and the # is 40. I did the test twice (same reagent mixture) and came up with the same reading both times.
Just a recap:
FC 4
CC 0
PH 7.5
Alk 110
CYA 40

Wondering why the pool calc told me to use a gallon of bleach to increase my FC from 4 to 5.
As for the 1% v 10%, I chose the 10% option on the drop down menu. Very strange......

:party: You hit it on the head, Bama. The total gal. for my pool had an extra zero added, hence the extra chlorine. :hammer: Not sure how that happened, but no harm done. Thanks to all who were right in there helping me out. Now I will go and add the 2C of chlorine instead of the gallon+.
Cheers. Hope the holiday is panning out well for all folks who are off today.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.