May 23, 2009
Trenton NJ
My numbers are:

FC-0
PH-7.2
TA-70
CH-250
CYA-90

I realize my cya is a little high but would it be a problem since I have a swg and also closing pool in a few weeks. How should I raise the chlorine, I realize its in small increments but where should I start and also should I leave the ta and ph where they are?

By the way the treatment worked great, the pool looks like it did when it was installed. Very happy, that you so much.

If I follow the drift showed in pool-school/chlorine_cya_chart_shock for SWCG, I'd say aim for 7ppm chlorine, never go below 5.

TA at 70 seems alright to me, since you're using a SWCG that will raise your pH over time anyway. Having it on the low side will actually help you.
Thus, pH is alright too, it WILL increase.

However, when you'll close your pool, if you use pucks to keep it clear until it freezes (which I do not advise with that much CYA already present), raise your pH/alcalinity a bit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.