Kreepy Kritters

Shane1

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 29, 2010
Buckeye, AZ 85326
I found this 2" scorpion this evening in my hallway. I cant stand scorpions, as in I have nightmares of them flying and spinning giant webs nightmares :hammer: ! I think watched to many scary movies as a kid :twisted: . We've been here a year and a half and havent seen a single one. I think it came form some boxes the UPS guy dropped off the other day. At any rate the family is on high alert! The second pic is with one of the UV flashlights....that little sucker lit up like a light bulb when I shined it on him.

Attachments

• IMG00093[1].jpg
    IMG00093[1].jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG00091[1].jpg
    IMG00091[1].jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 125
I read in my local paper that there is a spray called Shoo-Fly that can be used as a barrier to lots of critters including scorpions. Look at www.acmelumber.com for Shoo-fly. He claims it really works, it creates a barrier that kills them as they enter. My sister in Scottsdale says they seem to ease under the door, no matter how tight the seal is there. So a spray there ought to kill them as they enter.

Or, get a cat. That works too.

Don't tell my sister, that's what I'm getting her for Christmas. She is using sticky strips now but after catching 4 or 5 of them, she is pretty upset about this new place she moved into.

Blech, I hate those things too! Shane, hopefully that's the only one and you're right about the shipping box. They live on crickets and roaches, so if you're seeing those around the house, it would be worth spraying to get rid of them. We have some friends whose walls are just full of scorpions!! We use something called "cyonara" for the bugs/spiders/scorpions; it's a bit pricey but works very well. Aren't those UV flashlights fun?

We also found a strange looking little spider the other day it was dead as well. We havent seen any other scorpions so hopefully it was an isolated incident. Crickets are pretty constant around here so we spray once a month to try and keep contol of the situation. Another thing is I had the UPS guy bring the boxes straight in the house instead of letting them sit outside by the front door fro a day or two...so that didnt help.

Might be a bit late, but check your plumbing. Scorpions hang out where there is water. I haven't had a problem, but my buddy rented a house a few block away that was just infested. His wife went to try out the jet tub one night and had some critters sharing the bath with her...

I hate bugs, but for some reason scorpions fascinate me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.