You KNOW you have sparklypoolitis when...

bk406 said:
mynewpool said:
But really in Texas when do we have anything like we had last year?

Maybe, but anyone want to take that chance again? I'm just sayin
:wink:

Weather in Texas is only predictable in its unpredictability. The first and second year I moved to Houston we had snow on Christmas Day. The past ten years have been unusually warm overall. People are growing palm trees and tropicals further north than anyone dared 20 years ago.

We got slapped hard last year and I'd bet that we get another winter not unlike last years, just based on the fact that it is tolerably cool here in the first week of September. It is 75 and stormy now which seems sort of bizarre to me.

Normally, we get the first breath of Fall in the 3rd week of September, just about when everyone is convinced that Fall must have been cancelled this year. That typically only lasts 3 days, then we get 3 more weeks of stifling heat until the next cool-ish wave (high of 80 is not a cold front) hits in the middle of October. By Halloween, it is a toss up, even odds that it will be below 40 as above 80 for trick or treating costumes that evening.

So, based on the fact that it is still sort of nice out there, rain notwithstanding, and has been since the last day of August I'm suggesting that for this area of SE Texas, we are probably in for a real winter, again. Some actual hard freezes, maybe even an ice storm before spring is gone.

I will probably close end of September, early October. I always hold out in the hope for that one last day at the pool! The water temp is getting cool at night and taking longer to warm up during the day, but here in Ohio... anything after Labor Day is a gift, and I will take it.

The pool is down to 65 degrees, nights getting into the low 50's, that water is not going to warm back up. The leaves are starting to fall, I'm going to try to get it cleaned and covered this week. I can drain it and remove plumbing later. It becomes a huge ice cube during the winter!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.