ah man...is it time to close already?

flyweed

Bronze Supporter
Aug 3, 2009
SW Wisconsin
BOOO HOOOO...well today it is rainy, cold and an evening temp of 45F here in Southern Wisconsin. Does this mean...time to close up the pool? Man...we had a great season, thanks to the forums here. We started out the pool this season with the BBB method..super simple...and then switched over to the SWCG....have had a clean, clear pool all summer long! it's been wonderful.

I was hoping to keep the pool open until the last weekend of September..but man..I don't want to run the pool heater with outside temps this cold already

Anyone else closing up already here in the upper midwest????

Not yet in N.E. Ohio... lows forecast from low 50s to upper 60s for the next 7 days. Our solar cover will help us at night and I burn through alot of gas with the heater only on the days we are using the pool. We are sticking with the end of September. :goodjob:

Hi OhAllWet, my mom lives in Mentor and I grew up in Eastlake. I live about an hour and a half south of you by the PA border near Youngstown. It has been a great year for a pool finally. Last summer bit the big one! We use a heat pump and have been very satisfied with the water temps. Am running it now to get it ramped up for a chilly labor day weekend, then will let it cool down so that the pool can be closed (booo). My husband should be home from overseas in the next two weeks and we are running until the end of Sept. as well.

Dora,

Nice to hear from you! I am torn as to what temp I want it at for this weekend. We are actually hoping for a long time in the water next weekend. Tomorrow looks worse than Sun here. Heater shows 82 degrees currently with the solar cover on. But we have very strong winds that are forecast to continue tomorrow. We are crossing our fingers. Because of the over-sized heater, I can move the temp up pretty easy.

Take care and stay warm until the hubby gets back (just in time for football, too) - Jeff.

Not here!

It cooled off to 99 today, from those hot days earlier this week...

I'm on late shift this week, so I didn't finish my dinner until after 8, then I went out back to check things and smoke. 80F water at 8 PM. And that's with no cover on!

I have a solar cover, I was planning to float it this weekend and trim it to fit so we can squeeze a few more weeks out of the pool.

My wife's lived within 20 miles of this house her whole life, and she's had to scrape frost off her car window once. Using a credit card. Hey, did I mention our lemon tree is starting another crop?

Take that, you frozen wastelanders :-Þ

That is that dry CA air for you. We hit the mid 80s today and the pool was still 86 at around 8pm. We have a swim party tomorrow and I'm thinking it may be it for the season, even though we are much further south in GA. When the kids swim, they spend as much time playing outside and around the pool as they do in, so when the air is in the low 80s they just don't want to swim anymore. Our pool stays open year round so we have no hard date to stop.

We woke up to 55 degrees with winds forecast up to 40 mph today and rain coming down sideways.
No worries though. My wife and I are originally from Buffalo and the kids are already thinking about and waiting for snow here in N.E. Ohio! So, a week or so of "rough" weather is not going to worry us. The solar cover so far is staying put, so no worries. I just need to get all the leaves up this year before the first lake (Erie) effect snow fall (yes, we put ourselves in the biggest lake effect area in Ohio after moving from Buffalo almost 15 years ago)! We love our seasons - always have and always will. Makes the pool that much nicer come May. Take care for now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.