Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

View Poll Results: How did you find TFP?

Voters
611. You may not vote on this poll
  • Saw a link at another pool site.

403 65.96%
  • Search engine.

141 23.08%
  • Word of mouth.

52 8.51%
  • Saw a link at a NON pool related site.

15 2.45%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How did you find TroubleFreePool.com?

1. Back To Top    #1

How did you find TroubleFreePool.com?

I'd like to know how you found TFP.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

2. Back To Top    #2

Several people on the havuz.org forum recommended this site.
    20x40 rectangle inground vinyl pool
    33K gallon of water
    1 HP Hayward Super pump
    Hayward high capacity sand filter S245T -250 pound sand
    pool is over 20 years old
    1 return line

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by SeanB
    I'd like to know how you found TFP.
    I found it very informative
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

4. Back To Top    #4
    I found the link on poolsolutions.com
    35+ year old 16 x 30 oval, depth 4 ft to 8 ft, in ground concrete pool approx 17,000 gallons-using BBB method

5. Back To Top    #5
    I found the link through gardenweb.com....In the home forum the have a pool/spa section
    18x33 15700 Gal Oval Above Ground
    Ranger Sand Filter w/Praher Multi Port Valve
    A.O. Smith 1.5 hp Pump
    Confer E9120 Steps
    BBB And Sparkling Clean.

6. Back To Top    #6

I found this site as a recommendation from havuz.org. I'm glad I did.
    23k gal IG Gunite
    Haywood S-220T - Sand Filter

7. Back To Top    #7
    I found poolforum.com and appreciated the expertise there. After trying to register as a new user there for weeks, found that the administrative interface is unavailable to the moderators to add a new user, and no one was reading the "Contact Us" message to board admin.

Glad to find your link to TFP at poolforum.com, and here I am. Hope to contribute down the line.
    29k gallon IG, Hayward Super II pump with 2 speed motor, Cartridge filter, San Jose, CA

8. Back To Top    #8
    Glad you found us Khoa! Welcome to TFP.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

9. Back To Top    #9

I found you through poolcenter.idealbb.net. I need all the pool advice I can get!

10. Back To Top    #10

Hi all. I came to this site after lurking around poolforum.com for a while after putting up the 15' Intex donut for my kids this summer. Using the expertise from there, I ended up with crystal clear water but like others was unable to register as a new user. I saw someone mention the TFP site and here I am.

It looks like many of the powerusers from poolforum have made their way over here in previous months as well. Since the poolforum site is running on autopilot considering Ben's absence, I wonder if would make sense to publicize this site a bit more on their forum and get the rest of the users over here.

Glad to be part of the community here. Thanks for having me.
    28K, 20' x 40' IG - Vinyl Liner, Hayward DE Filter, 1.5HP Pump, 250K Hayward BTU Heater, Aquabot Breeze 4WD robotic cleaner

11. Back To Top    #11

chem geek (Richard) referred me.
    26K IG plaster pool, 2 Baker Hydro Skimmers (Model HS), 4 return jets (one plumbed with a PoolSkim surface cleaner), Hayward 1.5 6-way Multiport Valve (Sp710x-All), Polaris 380 w/ Polaris PB4-60Q Halcyon 3/4 HP Booster Pump, Pentair SuperFlo 1.5 HP (1.65 SFHP) Two Speed Pump (SF-N2-1-1/2A), Stainless Steel Hayward vertical DE 36ft2 filter (Duralon tank model DE3600), Purex CHD Pool Star light, 2 Intermatic mechanical time switches controlling the filter pump and booster pump, Hasa 8 gallon 3/8" Pool Liquidator Chlorinator, 1.5" return line with 3 x 1.5" suction lines, Austin, TX

12. Back To Top    #12
    KTDave told me about it over at gardenweb.com

When I first came, I thought, man...what a cool site THEN I swa SeanB was a local Texan like myself...no wonder it's so great!

Nice job Sean...you have really drawn in a lot of people around the country and the world. Congratulations
    Jay
    36' x19' Freeform, 16' waterfall w/ groto and slide, 5' x 10' sundeck, 12" raised spa. Pentair IntelliTouch, Pentair IntelliFlo 4 x 160, Master Temp 400, IntelliChlor Chlorine generator, Aqua Blue PebbleSheen

13. Back To Top    #13
    Thanks! I have to say...I've been amazed and thrilled by the response.
    TFP Founder

14. Back To Top    #14
    i found it on The pool forum powered by Vbulletin

15. Back To Top    #15
    "Uwimage" from another forum I frequent, S2000 Club Of America, mentioned this site. I know he's always in his pool, so I figured you all are doing something right.

I'm sure I'll learn a lot here. Thanks for providing a forum for pool people.

16. Back To Top    #16

I found it at Pool Form.
    15x30x54 AGP, Hayward 1hp 2 spd pump, cartridge filter, Royal Entrance steps,Pool Rover Jr

17. Back To Top    #17

Poolforum.com is great and the original. However traffic is a bit slower these days (in part due to locked registration). I wish it would reopen or we could somehow merge expertise from these two sites.

All that said, I like the nice pictures and polish of this site. I also like seeing some names that have helped me in the past on PF. I appreciate the care taken to respec those who stay loyal to PF and those who decide TFP's merits earn their membership (without poaching). I'll keep checking PF but I'm going to start looking more often on TFP. I like learning from others and helping as many people as possible (by good example or hard-learned experience ).
    Thanks! ZephanS
    AG 12'x24'x54" "Diamond Star" (wilbar) bought 2007 from http://www.sunenterprise.com as kit with waterco 2hp (max) pump (too big+noisy) & WaterCo T450 150lb sand filter (filled w/ 75lbs zeobrite). Pool installed 2007. 160 sq ft solar array installed (2009) on custom metal deck roof (2008). Purchase, Site prep, & installation 100% DYI thanks to PF and TFP. Wrap-around deck, small swg, electrical upgrade, and 8' water slide still pending install.

18. Back To Top    #18
    Hello Zephans and welcome to TFP! Glad you like it and hope you'll feel at home here as well. We have been very fortunate that so many knowledgeable people have migrated over and been available to give expert advice. I do hope that all PF members will feel welcome here and, should it ever cease operation, make TFP their default source for pool info.

Sean
    TFP Founder

19. Back To Top    #19

Heard about it a few times at GardenWeb's pool/spa forum.
    ~Debbie~

28k, 22'x37' freeform 3.5'-9'deep
    w/ 7.5' freeform spa raised 18" above pool, Gunite/dark gray plaster, 3 rivers flagstone,
    Aquarite SWCG, Aqualogic ps8, Frog, Colorlogic LED lights.
    Completed 2/06, in Sunny So Cal!

20. Back To Top    #20

Also found it at Garden Web

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast