Child safety fencing

I see them all the time. They are very nice in my opinion. I'll give a quick list of benefits

they are up to code for height, self closing, and self-latching fencing and gates.
lockable gate
removable (which is nice for when your kids get older)
you can see through them
very durable material, although some take down the fences when the safety cover is on.

The only thing that I don't like about them is they can sometimes trap leaves on the inside of the fence which then eventually end up in the pool. Although this depends how your yard is setup.

We have a protect a child fence and love it. We have 3 small kids and it's been worth its weight in gold. We had a lot of snow this past winter and it still looks brand new. I did get the gate and am so happy I did. It was worth it. The pool was here when we bought this house and we were so worried about it that we considered just filling it in. So glad we got the fence instead! It was expensive though - over $4,000 for a 20 x 40 pool.

miller2917 said:
We have a protect a child fence and love it. We have 3 small kids and it's been worth its weight in gold. We had a lot of snow this past winter and it still looks brand new. I did get the gate and am so happy I did. It was worth it. The pool was here when we bought this house and we were so worried about it that we considered just filling it in. So glad we got the fence instead! It was expensive though - over $4,000 for a 20 x 40 pool.

thanks, its how it holds up to snow that was most concerning to me.

bruce

I had Life Saver Fence & Leisure from Windsor Ontario install approximately 30 feet of Protect-a-child fencing last month. The cost for the fence was was approx $27/foot and the gate was $200ish for the self closing and locking gate. This price included installation.

[attachment=0:2hiqsvmd]Pool Fence.jpg[/attachment:2hiqsvmd]

We're very happy with the product. Works well, looks good and the installation was quick and clean. The owner of Life Saver Fence and Leisure, Case Ridpath did the install himself and was great to work with.

Attachments

• Pool Fence.jpg
    Pool Fence.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 234
We installed this brand of fence when we bought our house 6 years ago, after I did ALOT of research about pool safety fencing online. It was the best money we spent (well, now we have a heat pump, so maybe it's a toss up.) Great quality, knowledgeable caring owner/operator in our area with flawless installation. They even came back for FREE in the THIRD YEAR because my daughter was tall enough to reach the knob on the gate to raise it up higher.
We took it down every year when we put on the safety winter cover, and if you label the sections, it takes only about half an hour to put back up. It still looks brand new.
Now the kids are grown up enough that we don't need it, but when our friends came to visit for a week with their 3 year old it was easy as pie to put up and take down.
It will be part of the resale value of the home when we eventually move on...
please PM me if I can be of further help. I think it's really important to understand the how's and why's of pool fencing, and what it will and won't provide in terms of pool safety.

brownsburg said:
Thanks for your reply.

Do you have any idea how they fair with snow?

They are unaffected by snow, they have a thin profile so much snow won't collect on top of them. Also they have caps that go into the holes in the ground if the fencing is removed to keep the holes free of debris.

brownsburg said:
Thanks for your reply.

Do you have any idea how they fair with snow?

I was told by the installed that snow doesn't matter. I use a regular tarp on my pool during winter so I need to leave the fence there. No issues so far but it's only been a year.. I tend to shovel a bit in front of it if the snow load pushes too much on it though.

HIGHLY recommended for those with kids. I don't have the self closing gate on mine, I just lift a post to open a section.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.