Solar pool heater

Jul 30, 2007
Thinking about buying one of those solar pool heater take the water from the pool and run it through some plastic panels. Do they work? Can anyone recommend a particular one? I'm trying to extend my season by a couple of weeks in both directions.

Oh it makes a great deal of difference! Mine are Solar Bear 4x20s. We have 2 sets on our pool and it really does warm the water up - but you have to keep that heat in by covering the pool at night, when its windy or cool out or its all for nothing.

I have a similar type of solar panel as you are looking at. Got it from backyardlivin on e-bay. It works great for me. We swim from February to November. Of course I live in South Texas, the panel is on the south side of th house and well protected from the wind. As the last reply stated, if a cold front comes in with wind etc. it will put you out of the pool for a few days and its worthless if you don't use a solar blanket. All in all, well worth the investment.

:lol: I have the solar company on my roof as I type this, they already installed the panels and now are connecting all to the plumbing....not that i need solar to get my pool temp up right now :shock: this mornign the temp was at 93 degrees and rising due to the extremely warm weather we are having. Yetserday it was 114 degrees in my backyard.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.