Another Howdy!

Aug 31, 2010
New Caney, TX 77357
We are in the bid phase of a new pool build, we will be first time pool owners so we're getting an education as we go. We live between New Caney and Splendora, Texas. We're NE of Houston, practically in the Piney Woods about 15 minutes north of George Bush Intercontinental Airport. This looks to be a great site, I just found it a couple of days ago when trying to research any issues with a product we are considering for our decking. Have not found anything negative so far but started a thread soliciting opinions in the Under Construction forum.

Welcome to TFP!! Be sure to read the Pool School info (button in top right corner of the site) and I think you'll find this forum provides a wealth of information for new pool owners, with eager to help forum members. It also provides an alternative method to pool maintenance, so be prepared to be challenged against everything the pool builder and pool stores will tell you. Follow what this site says, and you're sure to have a trouble free pool.

duraleigh said:
Howdy? Is that an Aggie Howdy?
That it is, plus some of us like to say Howdy in Texas anyway. And that's a good thing because that tradition seems to be dying off on the A&M campus.

tim - I was pleasantly surprised at all the information presented in the Pool School. I am sure that will be quite helpful, especially for a newbie pool owner. I have a brother that has worked in the pool business for years but he's on the road a lot and not always available for consultations. :cool:

That it is, plus some of us like to say Howdy in Texas anyway. And that's a good thing because that tradition seems to be dying off on the A&M campus.
Maybe there's hope. My son is a Freshman there (all the way from NC) in the Corps of Cadets and "Howdy" has become part of his vocabulary very quickly......that's what made me recognize it in your post.....Here in NC it's always been, "Hey!" :lol: