Trippin' Pump Throwing Breaker

bunedockmama

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 1, 2010
I did some advice please.

I was really hoping this little pump would last the season, before buying a new one. The breaker is tripping after maybe 5 minutes of being on.

I have the cheapy one that came with the Summer Escapes popup pool. It is called an F700C and the filter system says it's an RP800.

They have replacements CHEAP! $80.00 for the one I have, which includes all the parts including the hoses. I could, I think get the largest one, the RP 2000/ F2000C for $125.00.

They seem to have pretty quick delivery, and I need something Quick!

Would I just be wasting money on this? Is it worth it for me to buy an expensive pump and filter on this little pool?

What do any of you recommend? TIA for your help. :wave:

A pump that trips the breaker after 5 minutes is heating up slowly so it would likely be either an air circulation problem or perhaps extra load due to a bad bearing or impeller friction. First check to see if there is any debris in the motor vents preventing air circulating in the motor. Also, is the pump making any unusual noise?

mas985 said:
A pump that trips the breaker after 5 minutes is heating up slowly so it would likely be either an air circulation problem or perhaps extra load due to a bad bearing or impeller friction. First check to see if there is any debris in the motor vents preventing air circulating in the motor. Also, is the pump making any unusual noise?

Hi there. Thanks for responding.

The pump has alway's made strange noises, probably because it ran around 14 hours with the suction cap cover on it. My DD didn't know not to put the cap on the day we set it up. Guess I didn't either LOL.

I did look inside yesterday and it was clear. I felt around the tiny impellers, they felt ok, didn't see anything odd. But I'm not sure if they moved or not, or even if they are supposed to by hand.

A little history as I'm not real sure when it started tripping. For the past few day's I thought my DH had been turning it off.

About four day's ago I rigged up my own vac attachment out of a large "BUTT" cup, due to not being able to find one for this brand of pool. It worked pretty good and I didn't loose prime. Yippee!

I left it in over night and vac'ed some more the next evening and cleaned the filter. Left running that night also. The next evening DH pulled the hose end inside the pool and the the cup, there was some stuff floating around inside the cup.

I haven't had it hooked up since then and the next day is when I started thinking DH was turning it off. Yesterday was when I noticed it cut off for the first time. I tried about 3 times to reset it and barely got back to the pool and it would trip again. Hope I'm not rambling.

Also check the motor (not pump) to see if the air vents are free of debris. If air cannot circulate through the motor, it will tend to heat up.

Can you describe the noise? Screeching? There could be something stuck inside the pump housing.

mas985 said:
Also check the motor (not pump) to see if the air vents are free of debris. If air cannot circulate through the motor, it will tend to heat up.

Can you describe the noise? Screeching? There could be something stuck inside the pump housing.

Before the breaker tripping it had a rattleling sound and also a power surge type sound, like it was running slow, then louder, like it speeded up. Make any sense?

I will have to try to start in the am, to hear how it sounds. Thanks again.

Well finally got DH to look at it :whip: :evil: He say's the motor is junk, can't turn it or something.

Guess I'll go with the largest of them from Summer Escapes and order it tomorrow.

Thanks for the tips and responses. :wave:

bunedockmama said:
Well finally got DH to look at it :whip: :evil: He say's the motor is junk, can't turn it or something.

Guess I'll go with the largest of them from Summer Escapes and order it tomorrow.

Thanks for the tips and responses. :wave:

Update. Called the company and they are sending a replacement. No questions asked, other than mine (about getting the larger one, said it would work, but I'd have to pay for it.)

Wow! I am so suprised at this! I bought this little pool for $189.00 and am amazed at this kind of service! Not to mention that it hasn't turned green with no filter/pump for so many day's! :party:
I checked my clorine level and it was reading 1 on a strip and 3 on Wally's 20.00 test kit.

I was adding about 3 quarts of clorine, every night, before the pump quit, per the pool calculator.

Might it be, that I haven't had 8 to 12 grands in the pool for the last couple of weeks or that it has been cloudy and some showers the past week?

I believe,,, it's this wonderful TFP, that I was so lucky to find from the beginning of buying my first little pool. Thank's to all of you!

PS Ordered the Intex 2000gph Water Filtration Pool Pump With built in Chlorine Generator. Hope I can make it work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.