Joliet, Il.
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hi All,

We've recently had a good amount of rain in the last two months (July, August) which totaled 28.35". You could imagine that the pool was overflowing out the skimmer a few times. The whole time I stayed on top of my chlorine levels...but I should have thought to check my CYA, salt and borates sooner.

I finally checked my CYA which was previously (June) 32...after the July and August rains it was below 20! :shock: My salt levels were actually up from 1170 to 1560??? The sodium hypochlorite is supposed to leave some residual salt behind in the pool...but that much? I wonder about the accuracy of the strips...but it doesn't matter all that much because I'm thinking of going to a salt system anyway. Last check was for my Borates. I did check them after the July rains and they had gone down from 70ppm to 50ppm...after the August rains the strips showed it around 30ppm.

I know I should have checked the levels earlier...guess I have some chemicals to add :?

dan

duraleigh said:
I wonder about the accuracy of the strips...but it doesn't matter all that much because I'm thinking of going to a salt system anyway.

Dan,

Do I read that correctly? You are using strips to test your water?

:) yeah, you read that correctly.

I do use them for salt and boarates. The salt strips don't seem to bad. Otherwise I'm a reagent junkie :p

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.