Mechanical Timer Issues

trclac

Jul 24, 2009
Houston
We currently have a mechanical timer for our filter and pool vac. The timer looks like the one in this picture ... http://www.poolcenter.com/T30401R-Intermatic-Dual-Timing-Center.jpg

The on/off switches on the timer for the filter keep coming unscrewed and/or moving, no matter how tight we tighten them. Is it possible to remove these mechanical timers and insert digital ones into the same box, or would we need to completely replace the box with digital timers? Also, any ideas as to cost to replace the timers with digital ones?

Thanks!

I have a mechanical timer and love it but it's a different style. It's divided in 30 min segments and you punch in the segments you want activated. I can run 12 and 12 or every other half hour if I was so inclined. Cost less than $50 at HD. I can't adjust the schedule for different days like a digital but I find it more versatile for every day use and easier to set when I want to make adjustments.

I wouldn't mind a mechanical timer ... that works. My issue is with the on/off levers slipping continuously. I just need to get something to replace the one I currently have. Unless we tighten the levers weekly, either our filter is always running, or it's not running at all due to the slipping of the on/off levers. Neither is acceptable.

trclac said:
I wouldn't mind a mechanical timer ... that works. My issue is with the on/off levers slipping continuously. I just need to get something to replace the one I currently have. Unless we tighten the levers weekly, either our filter is always running, or it's not running at all due to the slipping of the on/off levers. Neither is acceptable.
Tried Loctite on the dogs? I've never seen that happening. Could there be oil or grease on the rotating disk?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.