Calcium test

Mar 22, 2008
With the current state of my pool I am unable to test the Calcium level with the TF100 test. The color turns clear before anything else. Is there a way to test a higher amount of calcium? like double the red drops? half the water?

nitz369 said:
With the current state of my pool I am unable to test the Calcium level with the TF100 test. The color turns clear before anything else. Is there a way to test a higher amount of calcium? like double the red drops? half the water?
What happens if you continue adding reagent after the water turns clear?

25ml water
20 drops R-0010
5 drops R0011L
add R-0012 till turns blue.

The R-0012 is clear solution so each drop dilutes to R-0011L to be just a little bit more clear. By about 60-70 drops it is almost completly clear and very hard to tell if it turned blue. this would say my calcium level is above 700, how can I test higher calcium?

Do you have some type of magnetic stirrer or agitator or are you shaking your sample with your hand?

Try putting 2 drops of R0012 first, before you add the first 20 drops of R0010.

Also, how many drops does it take before it goes from pink to purple?? or does it?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.